The social media manager is a client-facing skilled tactician exhibiting mastery of the most relevant communications and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest and YouTube. In addition, the social media manager facilitates with other departments within the agency and with the client in order to develop and execute fully integrated campaigns.
The social media manager provides a high level of strategic direction to scopes of work and social media roadmaps due to campaign execution experience. The social media manager is responsible for conceiving and developing social media strategies, as well as monitoring and delivering top tier results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage strategic and tactical plans for new and existing client social media programs, including content ideas, schedules, contests/promotions and reporting
- Estimate project scopes and adhere to set client budgets
- Establish and optimize social media ROI and reporting efforts
- Bring to life the voice of our clients across respective social channels
- Write short form daily content to connect with target audiences
- Write long-form thought provoking and thought leadership pieces
- Create and execute social media advertising strategies
- Support integrated and public relations campaigns by proactively making strategic social media recommendations and executing on them
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly social media monitoring and reporting as needed
- Monitor client-competitor initiatives
- Demonstrate knowledge of current social landscape and on an ongoing basis, closely watch and evaluate trends in the social media space and identify and implement those that drive our clients’ business forward
- Provide 101 tutorials on various social media platforms for clients
- At least five years’ experience managing social media accounts/campaigns
- Have a balance of creativity with good analytical skills.
- The ability to work quickly with multiple tasks and shift gears on a dime based on priority.
- Self-starter, ability to work alone – but also across long-term, complex social projects
- Social advertising experience a plus (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Experience with Spredfast and Sprinklr a plus
- Journalism background
- Agency experience a plus
- Weekend and after-hours work should be expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news cycle; travel may be included