Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and lead effective PR campaigns for clients in the BtoB and BtoC space that garner media attention and coverage on both a local and national level.
- Make strategic recommendations and plans that integrate public relations activities into larger marketing campaigns to support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional departments.
- Create and execute media events on behalf of clients.
- Manage media inquiries as well as provide and execute proactive media relations programming.
- Facilitate media interviews.
- Secure speaking engagements for senior executives at leading business or trade events.
- Handle diverse communication responsibilities, across various client industries, media and internal and external audiences.
- Manage PR-related budgets
- Lead client relationship on behalf of the agency, proactively managing the account and identifying strategic areas for growth within PR and other departments within the agency.
- Prepare press releases, announcements, bylines, case studies, media lists, articles, and other written communications.
- Proactively track, measure and report the successes of PR and integrated campaigns; adjust strategy on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to mentor team members and interns.
- Weekend and after-hours work should be expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news cycle; travel may be included
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in a well-respected advertising or marketing agency (or in a similar capacity at another company), with responsibility for leading the strategy and execution of significant PR campaigns for major consumer and BtoB brands
- Experience creating engaging stories on behalf of clients and major brands, ranging
from business success stories to product launches, to thought leadership, to story creation when there is not an obvious one to tell.
- Familiar with industry-leading PR media and reporting tools