Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and lead effective PR campaigns for
clients in the BtoB and BtoC space that garner media attention and
coverage on both a local and national level.
- Make strategic recommendations and plans that
integrate public relations activities into larger marketing campaigns to
support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional
- Create and execute media events on behalf of
- Manage media inquiries as well as provide and
execute proactive media relations programming.
- Facilitate media interviews.
- Secure speaking
engagements for senior executives at leading business or trade events.
- Handle diverse communication responsibilities, across
various client industries, media and internal and external audiences.
- Manage PR-related budgets
- Lead client relationship on behalf of the
agency, proactively managing the account and identifying strategic areas
for growth within PR and other departments within the agency.
- Prepare press releases, announcements, bylines,
case studies, media lists, articles, and other written communications.
- Proactively track, measure and report the successes
of PR and integrated campaigns; adjust strategy on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to mentor team members and interns.
and after-hours work should be expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news
cycle; travel may be included
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing,
journalism, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in a well-respected
advertising or marketing agency (or in a similar capacity at another
company), with responsibility for leading the strategy and execution of
significant PR campaigns for major consumer and BtoB brands
creating engaging stories on behalf of clients and major brands, ranging
from business success stories, to product launches, to thought leadership,
to story creation when there is not an obvious one to tell.
with industry-leading PR media and reporting tools