Planit, one of Baltimore’s largest and most innovative ad agencies, is looking for a highly passionate and entrepreneurial account management professional. We have experienced positive new growth to support a strong current client roster and are looking for an agency professional to staff against the growing workload.
Our philosophy is that smart agencies cultivate and nurture client services beyond the tactical implementation of projects and campaigns. We believe that true cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and referrals for new business come from consistently happy clients who are educated, challenged, and always assured that their needs, expectations, and success are top of mind with their agency. If you fit this mentality, we should talk.
The members of an account team function as the principal representatives on an account (or accounts) for the agency, and they coordinate all day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client’s products. These persons serve as the main contacts between agency and client and represent both sides to provide the highest quality work in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The right candidate for this position is a highly talented, highly ambitious, experienced relationship manager with excellent motivational skills. Days will include pushing both coworkers and clients to think smarter; meeting with clients and creatives, challenging both to consistently deliver beyond expectations; bringing smart strategy and creative recommendations to the table; budgeting; forecasting; monitoring expenses; managing associates; and rearranging priorities daily as objectives change.
The Right Candidates Will:
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the client’s business in order to direct and contribute to the creative, media, research, strategic planning, and marketing development processes
- Be responsible for the profitability of assigned account(s)
- Keep executive agency management appropriately involved and informed on all major aspects of assigned account(s)
- Provide insight, within the agency and with the client, in the strategic planning process
- Create a positive, constructive work environment
- Minimum 3-5 years agency account management experience
- Proven understanding of an integrated approach from beginning to end (strategic planning to execution and post-campaign analysis)
- Knowledge of and experience in directing all marketing outlets through an agency (traditional, digital, PR/social, POP)
- The ability to multitask
- Effective time and project management skills
- Exemplary writing skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Capable and eagle-eyed budget manager
- Working knowledge of all departments within an agency (planning, creative, interactive, media, PR, social)
- Know when to speak up, when to push back, when to cry foul, and when to pat your team on the back—all with the utmost professionalism and respect